"This land resembles no other place. Sardinia is something else. Enchanting spaces and distances to travel - nothing finished, nothing definitive. It is like freedom itself."
A tour with SardiniaCycling takes you inside the heart of one of the most ancient regions in Europe. You’ll encounter sun and wind-shaped mountains, deep canyons and unusual forests as well as discover the architectural remains of the enchanting nuragic civilization.
SardiniaCycling offers a wide range of tours. Contact us to experience an unforgettable holiday!
We consider it a real playground for lovers of moving through beautiful mountain scenery and pristine countryside on two wheels, and on roads and trails of the highest quality. Potentially, this area should be crowded with cyclists. But it isn’t. Why? Because it’s scantly populated without many tourist facilities. So it doesn’t draw the masses of biking enthusiasts that, for instance, the coastline does.
So, what can you find here? Everything road and mountain bikers could want.
For the road bike cyclists: 1. Ascents and descents as in the Dolomites, with perfect asphalt. 2. Small mountain villages where you can stop for the classic cappuccino break. 3. Some of the very best hospitality in the world. 4. A virtual absence of traffic.
For mountain bikers: 1. Biking in open spaces in complete freedom. 2. A wide variety of landscapes changing every kilometer, offering incredible variation.
There is still an absence of trails for mountain biking. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully plan your routes, know how to 'surf' maps or use a GPS. Or, obviously, rely on guides from SardiniaCycling. We have road paper maps of this area.
This vast area presents for bike lovers a very varying countryside, which allows enjoying a lot of very good options for road, mountain and touring biking tours. What you’ll enjoy while riding on road or touring bikes here:
1. First of all, the presence of a coastal road of incomparable beauty, which is also well protected from the elements by hills. A biking paradise in all seasons.
2. A number of hills and the lovely scenery they create. Hills? Don’t worry. The climbs are not too long or challenging.
3. Good to very good tourist facilities in different price ranges.
What you’ll enjoy while mountain biking here:
1. A good number of trails from Villasimius, one of the most popular tourist spots on the island.
2. Few transfers are needed to get out there and 'attack' the trails.
3. Some short transfers get you to some very spectacular areas to explore on a bike such as the Sette Fratelli Nature Reserve. There are some really spectacular trails there.
E-bikes have made Sardinia - a region once fit-riders-friendly - the paradise a much wider number of riders.